Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is a condition wherein the muscles in the pelvic region that are responsible for supporting organs and bodily functions in the area are deteriorating and are weakening. This can be caused by pelvic injury or old age. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction can affect sexual, physical, urinary and bowel functions. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction are most common in women that are maturing, though this affects males as well. Treatments for pelvic floor dysfunction are relatively expensive because of the lack of availability of treatment and the research regarding these dysfunctions are relatively low compared to other muscle related diseases.
Marc Beer, founder and CEO of Renovia Inc., has recently closed another round of investments totaling to about $42 million ($32 million on investments, $10 million on venture debt) which will be used to propel Renovia Inc. forward with their product development and goal of aiding women suffering from Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. With the overflowing investments being acquired by Renovia Inc., they are yet to increase the number of people they are helping. Currently, they are reaching about 250 million women with their efforts. Renovia has recently acquired their Food And Drug Authority approval for their newest product, Ieva.
Ieva, through their clinical trials, has proven to be an effective treatment for women who are suffering from Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. In a 6-week study on 23 women, the following results were yielded:
- Overall, the Ieva Pelvic Digital Health System improved the urinary incontinence symptom severity and the condition specific quality of life of the study patient. These were based on patient reports.
- The Ieva Pelvic Digital Health System improves the performance of the Pelvic Floor Muscles.
- The Ieva Pelvic Digital Health System improved the health significantly and removed some Pelvic Floor Dysfunction symptoms on 87% of women.
- The Ieva Pelvic Digital Health System yielded no leakage for 17 women (74%) all within the 6th week of clinical trials.
- The Ieva Pelvic Digital Health System reported 100% improvement on the quality of life they are able to live and improvement on their pelvic muscles status by the end of clinical trials.
- Three women experienced side effects like cold symptoms, suspicion of urinary tract infection which yielded negative results, and the occasional headache – but all were resolved without further complications. Learn more: https://patch.com/massachusetts/boston/renovias-marc-beer-raises-42m-treat-womens-health-issues
Marc Beer is extremely happy of the support of investors in his company and to the vision and cause they are spearheading. Marc Beer and Renovia are thrilled to be able to help millions of women globally with the developments they are undergoing. The innovations and the digital health platform that Renovia that is developing will drive more knowledge and understanding of how Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions behaves, how to treat it and Renovia is committed to lowering the costs of treating the disease.